- How long has Stage 1 Music, LLC. Been in business?
S1M have been working in the mobile sound and lighting industry for nearly 3 decades.
- How many weddings has S1M performed? How many weddings does S1M operate on an average weekend?
S1M averages 35+ weddings a year for the last 10 years, therefore well over 350 weddings. While S1M averages 1-2 weddings a weekend, we have the capability to handle 3 weddings simultaneously.
- Does S1M perform more than one event in a day?
S1M has performed more than one event in a day, however it is not very often. We have multiple technicians and several events worth of equipment, therefore handling more than one show in a day or simultaneously is not an issue for us.
- What sets S1M apart from the competition?
S1M is in business because from operating the equipment to energizing the crowd, we thoroughly enjoy it. We enjoy music, and if we have the opportunity to share our passion with you, then you’ve just made our day.
- Who will be the DJ at my wedding?
S1M has 4 technicians that perform events. Technicians will be assigned by availability and skillset according to each event. You can request a specific technician and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Do you act as the “emcee” and make all of the announcements?
Yes, SM will manage all announcements unless requested otherwise.
- How would you define your “Style” when making announcements?
All of S1M’s technicians handle making announcements with elegance and integrity.
- What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
If no one is dancing, S1M will attempt style/genre changes to help coerce the guests into dancing.
- Does S1M take requests from guests?
S1M does take requests that are within given fields dictated by the hiring party. If it is something that the technician is skeptical on, they will contact the bride or groom for clarification.
- Can we submit a “do not play” list?
Absolutely. S1M is aware that not everyone enjoys everything.
- What is included in the cost of my event? Does this include setup and breakdown between ceremony and reception locations?
The cost of your event is the packages selected for the amount of time requested. However, there would be an added cost if the ceremony and reception are held at two separate venues. There is NO additional cost for setup and breakdown of our equipment for your event.
- How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
S1M requires a $100 non-refundable deposit upon booking, while full payment is due 2 weeks prior to the event. S1M utilizes a digital invoicing system which allows you to pay as you prefer.
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
S1M will refund all but the deposit up to 2 weeks prior to the event.
- What information do you need from me prior to the wedding day?
We require that the contract and deposit be completed upon booking and the full payment and music selections no later than two weeks prior to the event.
- Can you provide wireless microphones for the ceremony?
Certainly, microphones are part of our ceremony packages. More microphones can be provided upon request prior to the event. (see additional equipment)
- Does any of your equipment require special electrical outlets that I need to inform my wedding site about?
No, all of our equipment utilizes common electrical outlets. However, two electrical circuits are preferred but not mandatory.
- How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown on the day of the event?
S1M technicians arrive to the venue 2 hours prior to the event for systems setup and sound check. Depending on amount of equipment needed for the event, breakdown usually takes no more than 1 hour.
- What will you wear to our wedding?
All S1M technicians will be wearing black dress pants and a dress gray/black shirt.
- Do you require a meal?
No, it is always appreciated, however it is usually difficult to eat while maintaining your event.
- What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding?
S1M technicians will not engage in either while working the event.